Palliative care at home
Our palliative home care service offers dignified end of life care and support to people who wish to die at home. Supported by knowledgeable but empathetic carers, palliative care at home means they are able to remain in a comfortable, familiar environment surrounded by a lifetime of warmth and happy memories.
We know this is an incredibly difficult time for families and offer not only practical help, but also emotional support and gentle companionship, advice and reassurance at a time when they need it the most.
Our one-to-one palliative home care service offers a positive alternative to the clinical setting of a hospital or residential home. For many it is a more comfortable environment – a person can remain in the relaxed surroundings of their home and family do not have to make stressful visits.
Whether help is required a few times a week, overnight, or on a live-in basis, we ensure that palliative care at home is flexible for when it is needed and that it is fully tailored to individual requirements.
Our end of life care
Our live-in and visiting care end of life care service is tailored to the individual and designed to seamlessly slot into existing routines to cause minimal disruption at an emotional time. In the case of palliative care, our carers will:
- Respect dignity, privacy and choice at all times.
- Provide person-centred care respecting the individual’s wishes at all time.
- Provide practical, physical, emotional and spiritual support – incorporating the client’s beliefs, preferences and wishes into their daily routine.
- Keep pain managed, monitored and under control.
- Supervise medication.
- Work closely with other key health professionals involved in the care – doctors, district nurses and palliative health teams to ensure that the end of life is as painless and peaceful as possible.
- Enable the individual to remain as active and independent as possible.
- Remain calm, reassuring and professional.
Our dedicated care management team have years of experience in tailoring palliative home care for individuals at the end of their life and will be there every step of the way to ensure the care received is personal to you or your loved one. For further information or to book a free, no obligation, home assessment, contact our friendly team today.