A visiting carer handpicked for you and your lifestyle
Our visiting carers are kind, compassionate and caring individuals who are dedicated to supporting you or your loved one remain comfortably at home.
They respect choice, dignity and privacy at all times, provide warm companionship and will seamlessly fit in to existing routines and preferred lifestyles to ensure that life remains as rich and enjoyable as possible.
How our visiting carers can help you
From once a week, to multiple visits a day, our visiting carers are on hand to help as much or little as you require. They can help around the house; cook healthy and nutritious meals, tend to the laundry and ensure that your home remains clean and tidy.
They will assist with all personal care requirements, accompany you to the places you enjoy, provide gentle reminders to take medication and will help out with complex care requirements such as dementia care at home and Parkinson’s disease.
Most of all, our visiting carers are there to provide you with complete peace of mind, enabling to you to continue to lead the life you wish, whilst remaining safely in the comfort of your home.
At Berkeley Home House, we pride ourselves on our rigorous recruitment process which ensures that we select the right people for our clients. We:
- Obtain fully verified references from previous employment.
- Check full employment history with a minimum of 10 years accounted for.
- Interview every candidate.
- Make sure that carers are in receipt of an enhanced check with the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) to ensure they are safe to work with vulnerable adults.
- Insist that all new joiners to the Berkeley team attend our specialist in-house training course which they must successfully complete to a high standard.
- Ensure our live-in carers receive ongoing training to make sure their skills remain up to date and in line with CQC guidelines and best practise in the industry.
- Monitor and supervise performance to ensure it remains aligned with our very high standards.