Palliative care at home
At Berkeley Home Health, we have a wealth of experience in providing a dignified one-to-one palliative care service to people who wish to die at home. Here, supported by empathetic carers, they can remain in a comfortable and familiar environment, surrounded by a lifetime of warmth and happy memories.
Our care is not just practical, but tends to emotional wellbeing, providing gentle companionship and reassurance to clients and their families at a time when they need it the most.
Berkeley Home health – specialist palliative care
Our specialist palliative home care service provides a positive alternative to the clinical setting of a hospital or residential home. It is a more comfortable environment for all – the individual can remain in the relaxed surroundings of their home and family do not have to make stressful hospital visits.
Our live-in and visiting care end of life service is tailored to the individual and designed to seamlessly slot into existing routines to cause minimal disruption at an emotional time. In the case of palliative care, our carers will:-
- Respect dignity, privacy and choice at all times.
- Provide person-centred care respecting the individual’s wishes at all time.
- Provide practical, physical, emotional and spiritual support – incorporating the client’s beliefs, preferences and wishes into their daily routine.
- Keep pain managed, monitored and under control.
- Supervise medication
- Work closely with other key health professionals involved in the care – doctors, district nurses and palliative health teams to ensure that the end of life is as painless and peaceful as possible.
- Enable the individual to remain as active and independent as possible.
- Remain calm, reassuring and professional.
Our palliative care – support for families
Both our live-in carers and visiting carers are specialists in not only providing a practical and dignified end of life service, but are also there to look out for friends and family. They offer a listening ear, emotional support throughout the individual’s illness, and also provide compassionate bereavement support.
Our palliative home care service remains flexible – whether you are looking for live-in care to provide round the clock support, respite care to give family a temporary break, or would like visiting carers to help out a few times a week, we have a tailored solution that can help.
Can we help further?
To find out more about our palliative care service, please give us a call on 01252 852100. Alternatively, fill out the callback request and a specialist member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible.