Our visiting carers
Our visiting carers are kind, compassionate and caring individuals who are dedicated to supporting people remain comfortably at home. They respect their client’s right to choose, dignity and privacy at all times, providing warm companionship and gentle encouragement, to enable them to continue to live the life they want, safely at home.
At Berkeley Home House, we pride ourselves on our rigorous recruitment process which ensures that we select the right people for our clients. We:
- Obtain fully verified references from previous employment.
- Check full employment history with a minimum of 10 years accounted for.
- Interview every candidate.
- Make sure that carers are in receipt of an enhanced check with the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) to ensure they are safe to work with vulnerable adults.
- Insist that all new joiners to the Berkeley team attend our specialist in-house training course which they must successfully complete to a high standard.
- Ensure our live-in carers receive ongoing training to make sure their skills remain up to date and in line with CQC guidelines and best practise in the industry.
- Monitor and supervise performance to ensure it remains aligned with our very high standards.
How our visiting carers can help?
Our visiting carers are there to help an individual remain in control of their life, the choices they make and ultimately their independence. They champion the person as an individual and will seamlessly fit in with existing routines to provide the very best care whilst ensuring minimal disruption to normal daily life.
Our one-to-one tailored care means the duties of a visiting carer are dependent on the needs of their client. They can help once a week, or multiple times a week, dependent on how much, or how little help you would like. They will assist with all household chores, personal care and medication requirements and take you to visit all of your favourite people and places. Whatever you need, they will be there to support you and your choices.
Most of all, our visiting carers are there to provide complete peace of mind, encouraging their client to continue to do all the things they love, pursue interests and hobbies and lead the life that they wish, whilst remaining safely in their own home.
Need further help?
If you would like further advice on how our visiting carers can help you or your loved one remain at home, please do give us a call on 01252 852100. Alternatively, complete our callback request and a member of the team will be in contact as soon as possible.