Our live-in carers
Our live-in carers are the best of the bunch – caring, compassionate and well trained people who always put their clients’ needs first. They respect choice, dignity and privacy at all times, provide warm companionship and encourage and enable clients to do as much or as little as they like.
At Berkeley Home Health, we pride ourselves on our rigorous recruitment process which ensures that we select the right people for our clients’ needs. We:
- Obtain fully verified references from previous employment.
- Check full employment history with a minimum of 10 years accounted for.
- Interview every candidate.
- Make sure that carers are in receipt of an enhanced check with the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) to ensure they are safe to work with vulnerable adults.
- Insist that all new joiners to the Berkeley team attend our specialist in-house training course which they must successfully complete to a high standard.
- Ensure our live-in carers receive ongoing training to make sure their skills remain up to date and in line with CQC guidelines and best practise in the industry.
- Monitor and supervise performance to ensure it remains aligned with our very high standards.
How our live-in carers can help
Our live-in carers are there to help an individual remain in control of their life, the choices they make and ultimately their independence. They champion the person as an individual and will seamlessly fit in with existing routines to provide the very best care whilst ensuring minimal disruption to normal daily life.
Our one-to-one tailored care means the duties of a live-in carer are dependent on the needs of their client. They are on hand to help around the house; cook healthy and nutritious meals, tend to the laundry and ensure that the home remains clean and tidy. They will assist with all personal care requirements, provide gentle reminders to take medication and will help out with complex care requirements such as dementia, cancer or Parkinson’s disease.
Most of all, our live-in carers are there to provide complete peace of mind, encouraging their client to continue to do all the things they love, pursue interests and hobbies and lead the life that they wish whilst remaining safely in their own home.
Need further advice?
If you would like further advice on how a live-in carer can help you or your loved one remain at home, please do give us a call on 01252 852100. Alternatively, complete our callback request and a member of the team will be in contact as soon as possible.