Care for older people
We live in a medically advanced modern world where people are fortunate to be living longer than ever before. But with advancing age comes the realisation that everyday tasks are not as easy as they once were, family members are unable to provide the level of support required and that further help is needed to continue to live safely. But this shouldn’t mean that people should have to drastically change the way they live or lose their independence.….
Our tailored live in care and visiting care service provides older people with a positive alternative to the fixed regimes of residential care. With the help of a compassionate carer, they can stay comfortably in their own home surrounded by special memories and precious belongings, continue to enjoy company of pets and remain close to friends and family. They can live life on their terms, adhering to normal routines, interests and hobbies to live an enriched, fulfilled and independent life.
How Berkeley Home Health can help older people remain at home
- Provide elderly people with an alternative, yet affordable, option to residential care. They need not go through the upheaval of leaving their home and can continue with their normal daily routines, interests and hobbies.
- Can help keep an older couple, both with health care requirements, remain together at home. All too often you hear horror stories of couples who have shared a lifetime of memories be separated in their later years. We are able to tailor a plan of care to support both individuals.
- Can support people with age related conditions such as Alzheimer’s, dementia and Parkinson’s Disease. Our specialist carers are expertly trained to recognise the importance of effective communication and familiar, stable routines for people who affected by these conditions.
- Look after emotional wellbeing. Our carers provide gentle companionship to help reduce any feelings of loneliness or isolation that is all too familiar for many elderly people. Our carers will encourage and prompt individuals to enjoy an active life, provide friendly conversation and help them to try new activities.
- Offer respite care and peace of mind for family members who can be assured that their loved ones are safe, happy and well looked after whilst they take a break.
Our carers can provide anything from companionship, help around the house, cooking and cleaning to support with personal care and assistance with complex conditions. They respect and listen to each individual to ensure that they can continue to live the life that they want, independently at home.
Need further advice?
If you could like further advice on how we can help older people remain at home, then please do not hesitate to call us on 01252 852100. Alternatively, please complete our callback request and a member of the team will be in contact as soon as possible.